Saturday, May 25, 2019

Simple Mills Vanilla Cake with Dobash Frosting

Long ago in a far away land called Hawaii I remember Dobash Cake.  During the days when I was not allergic to grains and many other products, I remember making and serving my version of Dobash Cake.  Everyone raved about it.  Then on my 28th year, the house of cards fell and no more Dobash Cake.  Big tears, great sadness in my heart I was resigned to never having another bite of Dobash Cake.

Fast forward to this year, 2019 I came across Simple Mills Vanilla Cake and shall we say the rest is history.  Following is my version of Dobash Cake.  Actually this one only uses the Dobash Pudding Frosting, but Iʻm not proud, Iʻll take what I can.

Prepare a Simple Mills Vanilla Cake using Virgin Olive Oil where it says oil.  Line 8” round pan bottom with parchment paper.  My oven I bake the cake for 35 minutes.  

Frost Cake while the frosting is hot and the cake is hot out of the oven.  

Timing for the making the Dobash Frosting.  About 15 minutes before cake is done, start Dobash Frosting.

In a heavy sauce pan add
1 1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup Florida Crystals Organic Raw Sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 Cup Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup either Boise Chocolate Bar or Portland Alma Drinking Chocolate
In a separate cup combine and set aside
1/2 Cup Water
3 Tablespoon Potato Starch

Bring chocolate mixture to boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
Stir water with potato starch and add to chocolate mixture slowly while stirring and bring to boil.  The pudding forms when the mixture is brought to a boil.


Take cake out of oven when done.  Cool 5 minutes.  Run a knife along the edge of the cake pan to loosen.  Invert onto serving plate.  Pour Dobash Frosting over the top of the hot cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment